Landauer Aviation Consulting – Nick Landauer FRAeS
With aviation safety as his prime professional concern and interest, and after completing a 35 year career with the UK Civil Aviation Authority, Nick Landauer now markets his skills, knowledge and experience – principally as a trainer, but also for compliance monitoring, regulatory auditing and aviation consulting – through Landauer Aviation Consulting Limited. Nick has worked almost exclusively in Flight Operations and has extensive knowledge of associated International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), European and UK National legislation, rules, regulations and guidance material.
Working in the UK, across Europe, Central Asia and in the USA, with clients including Baines Simmons Limited, UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Bureau Veritas and McKechnie Aviation Limited, Nick continues to use and build upon his experience of delivering effective training in international forums, conducting compliance audits and advising on matters related to Air Operations.
Nick’s background at the UK CAA included many years as an Inspecting Officer (Operations) in which capacity he audited and inspected UK air operators both nationally and worldwide. He worked extensively in designing and delivering training packages and managed teams of operational support and technical staff responsible for all aspects of Air Operator Certificate and Approval processing. In Europe he worked in close liaison with EASA Air Operations Standardisation teams and, internationally, represented UK CAA on IATA IOSA and ISAGO Oversight Committees. In addition, Nick has senior management experience of working on and leading a variety of projects, including the implementation of EU-OPS and AIR OPS as successive replacement operating regulations for both the Industry and the UK CAA. Nick also designed and then managed Flight Operations Department’s internal Quality Assurance system for over 10 years.
Nick has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and is a Freeman of the City of London. He is an Associate Consultant for Baines Simmons Ltd, a designated Operations Inspector for the Republic of San Marino Aircraft Registry and a Qualified Subcontractor for Bureau Veritas.
LandauerAC designs and facilitates training material concerning:
- Audit and inspection skills and techniques
- Interview skills
- Aviation legislation relating to air operations including:
- The Basic Regulation (Regulation (EU) 216/2008)
- Air Operations (Regulation (EU) 965/2012): Organisation Requirements for Air Operations (Part ORO); Commercial Air Transport (Part CAT); Non-Commercial Complex (Part NCC); Specialised Operations (Part SPO); and SPecific Approvals (Part SPA)
- ICAO Air Operator Certification and Oversight
- Management systems
- Quality assurance and compliance monitoring
- Risk management
LandauerAC undertakes auditing in the air operations arena with regard to:
- Compliance Monitoring
- Quality Assurance
- Air Operations (Regulation (EU) 965/2012)
- Management systems
- Regulatory audit preparation for operators
- Regulatory audits
Through association with other reputable consultancies, LandauerAC is also able to arrange auditing and advisory services relating to airworthiness, cabin safety and dangerous goods.
Nick’s highly-developed drafting skills and his engaging and entertaining presentational style have resulted in positive feedback from clients and trainees alike.
- Nick “is very able to keep the attention of the classroom at a very high level” Student
- “A very competent individual” Student
- “I was very impressed with Nick’s delivery. His style is captivating and his knowledge of the subject shines through. I believe all the attendees enjoyed the training.” Student
- “We like your attitude” Audit client
- “Nick is a fantastic, patient teacher” Student
- “Nick is probably the best training deliverer I have ever met” Student
Past and present clients include:
- Baines Simmons Ltd
- McKechnie Aviation Ltd
- VR Aviation Safety Partnership Ltd
- The Republic of San Marino Aircraft Registry
- AIS Aviation
- The United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Bureau Veritas
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
Landauer Aviation Consulting Limited is registered in England and Wales No: 9645988. Registered office: Chart House, 2 Effingham Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7JN