Nick Landauer FRAeS – Director
Aviation safety is Nick Landauer’s prime professional concern and interest. LandauerAC is helping to make the skies safer around the Globe – on the ground and in the air.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Organisations can now join LandauerAC’s other satisfied clients to benefit from Nick Landauer’s skills, knowledge and experience as an inspiring trainer, and for compliance monitoring, regulatory auditing and aviation advisory services. Nick completed a 36-year career with the UK CAA in 2015 and has worked almost exclusively in Flight Operations. He has extensive knowledge of the theory and practical application of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), European and UK National legislation, rules, regulations and guidance material.
Now working in the UK, across Europe, Central Asia and in the USA, with clients including Baines Simmons Limited, UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Bureau Veritas and McKechnie Aviation Limited, LandauerAC continues to use and build upon Nick’s experience of delivering effective, pragmatic and insightful training in international forums, conducting compliance audits and advising on matters related to Air Operations.
Nick’s background at the UK CAA included many years as an Inspecting Officer (Operations) in which capacity he audited and inspected air operators both nationally and worldwide. He worked extensively in designing and delivering training packages and managed teams of operational support and technical staff responsible for all aspects of Air Operator Certificate and Approval processing. In Europe he worked in close liaison with EASA Air Operations Standardisation teams and, internationally, represented UK CAA on IATA IOSA and ISAGO Oversight Committees. On behalf of of AirEuroSafe, he conducted audits and inspections of remotely-based French-registered Airbus aircraft operations. In addition, Nick has extensive senior management experience of working on and leading a variety of projects, including the implementation of AIR OPS as the replacement operating regulation for both the UK Industry and the CAA. Nick also designed and then managed Flight Operations Department’s internal Quality Assurance system for over 10 years.
Nick has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and is a Freeman of the City of London. He is a qualified Lead Auditor, an Associate Consultant for Baines Simmons Ltd, a designated Operations Inspector for the Republic of San Marino Aircraft Registry and a Qualified Subcontractor for Bureau Veritas.
LandauerAC designs and facilitates effective training material concerning:
- Audit and inspection skills and techniques
- Interview skills
- Aviation legislation relating to air operations including:
- The Basic Regulation (Regulation (EU) 216/2008)
- Air Operations (Regulation (EU) 965/2012): Organisation Requirements for Air Operations (Part ORO); Commercial Air Transport (Part CAT); Non-Commercial Complex (Part NCC); Specialised Operations (Part SPO); and SPecific Approvals (Part SPA)
- ICAO and EASA Air Operator Certification and Oversight
- Management systems – compliance and performance
- Compliance monitoring and quality assurance
- Risk management
LandauerAC undertakes auditing in the air operations arena with regard to:
- Compliance Monitoring
- Quality Assurance
- Air Operations (Regulation (EU) 965/2012)
- Management systems
- Regulatory audit preparation for operators
- Regulatory audits
Through association with other reputable consultancies, LandauerAC is also able to arrange auditing and advisory services relating to airworthiness, cabin safety and dangerous goods.
Nick’s highly-developed drafting skills and his engaging and entertaining presentational style have resulted in positive feedback from clients and trainees alike.
- Nick “is very able to keep the attention of the classroom at a very high level” Student
- “A very competent individual” Student
- “I was very impressed with Nick’s delivery. His style is captivating and his knowledge of the subject shines through. I believe all the attendees enjoyed the training.” Student
- “We like your attitude” Audit client
- “Nick is a fantastic, patient teacher” Student
- “Nick is probably the best training deliverer I have ever met” Student
Past and present clients include:
- Baines Simmons Ltd
- Bureau Veritas
- McKechnie Aviation Ltd
- VR Aviation Safety Partnership Ltd
- The Republic of San Marino Aircraft Registry
- AIS Aviation
- The United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
LandauerAC is a trading name of Landauer Aviation Consulting Limited.
Landauer Aviation Consulting Limited: Registered office: Chart House, 2 Effingham Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7JN